1) Briefly tell us a bit about your wedding. We had a very short engagement of fourteen weeks due to wanting a Saturday that fell on a 27th, since we were both born on a 27th and consider it our lucky number. So our special day was to be held on Saturday, October 27th 2012. We realise we could have held off until the following April or July (which both have Saturdays falling on the 27th), but being so in love, the thought of delaying was actually too painful for either of us to endure. So, with only fourteen weeks, the wedding plans commenced immediately. We were striving for an elegant and romantic theme with a vintage twist. We are both very proud of all we achieved during our brief engagement, and can’t believe how easily it all came together on the day. Of course, much of this is due to all the many wonderful businesses that played such important roles in creating our day with us. In their capable hands, we knew we could relax and enjoy our day, and this added so much joy to the day in itself.
2) What was your favourite part of the day?
It’s difficult to isolate a favourite part of the day since our day was absolutely perfect in every way, and felt very much like a fairy tale. The weather was perfect, the bridal party gorgeous, the guests happy and full of compliments for every aspect of the day. We could not stop smiling all day long, and feel extremely blessed that we could celebrate the beginning of our lives together with so many of our loved ones, and in such elegance. The brides personal highlight was getting married in the magnificence of the recently restored chapel at Sacred Heart College in Geelong. I have always loved the chapel and feel so fortunate that I could marry Nicholas within such a Holy and sacred location. For the groom, the reception was a major highlight as the location of the Vue Grand in Queenscliff is not only historic but full of colour, charm and vibrancy. Being able to relax and enjoy the company of all of your family and friends whilst knowing you have had your day cared for by the industries best is very reassuring.
3) Why was it important to you to select a professional Photographer for your wedding?
The difference between a professional and an amateur are worlds apart. To truly capture the magic of your day you want to secure the expertise of a professional who knows what they are doing, someone who has experience and the passion and drive that comes with being a professional. We have all heard horror stories about wedding photos, choosing a professional will limit the chance of those horrors happening to you.
5) How did you select Photography by Riccardo to record your wedding?
We looked at his website and believed he would be able to capture all the special moments of our day and present it beautifully, and we were not mistaken or in any way disappointed with our choice.
6) What advice have you got for Brides and Grooms to be?
When your wedding day arrives, don’t waste precious time stressing. Relax, and trust that you have planned the day well, and Enjoy Every Moment!! Remember, your wedding day is the first day of your new life together, and you ought to look back upon that day with pride and the fondest of memories.
7) And finally, tell our readers how you felt when you first saw your wedding photos.
We were thrilled by the quality and beauty of the photos. It soon became apparent that we would have quite the task of choosing our favourites for the album when so many were so fantastic.